Language Learning Resources for Children
I’m a language lover; I always have been! I was excited to start diving into foreign languages with my children. One of the many benefits of homeschooling is that your child can focus on language learning more in-depth than they would at a traditional school. Hiring a tutor or traveling abroad for immersion is ideal but not always possible. Several homeschooling foreign language curricula help non-native speaking parents teach the target language. A bonus is that you get to learn along with your child. While it may be challenging, you can get creative with it! I’ve researched several homeschooling curricula over the past few years. I’ll list the curricula that I use or have personally considered.
- Arabic Seeds http://arabicseeds.com/
- Arabic Without Tears https://www.amazon.com/Arabic-without-Tears-Learners-2006-06-30/dp/0954750969
- Studio Arabiya https://studioarabiya.com/islamic-homeschool/arabic-quran-islamic-homeschool
- Waraqah Learning ( Arabic) https://waraqahlearning.com/
- Hindi by Reena https://hindibyreena.com/
- TalkBox (a program that offers several language choices) https://talkbox.mom
- Rainbow Resources Foreign Languages ( a selection of different foreign language curricula) https://www.rainbowresource.com/hSearch.jhtm?keyword=foriegn+languages
- Dino Lingo ( offers many foreign languages) https://dinolingo.com/
- Outschool ( offers virtual classes for several foreign languages) https://outschool.com/
- Duo Lingo ( Free app for several languages) https://www.duolingo.com/
- Classical Academic Press ( offers several foreign language curricula) https://classicalacademicpress.com/
- The Cultured Kid ( offers several foreign languages ) https://www.theculturedkid.com/
- Homeschool Languages ( offers several languages in an open and go format) https://www.homeschoollanguages.com/
- Rosetta Stone ( offers several foreign languages) https://www.rosettastone.com/
- Nomads and Whimsy French Immersion Printables https://www.etsy.com/shop/NomadsandWhimsy?ref=yr_purchases
- Youtube ( offers many learning videos in foreign languages) https://www.youtube.com/
3 thoughts on “Language Learning Resources for Children”
When my kids were in high school, fulfilling the foreign language requirement was my toughest area! Thank you for this great list! Pinning to save and help others!
Great list, I haven’t heard of some of these and will have to check them out!
This is a great list for our upcoming, 3rd year of homeschool!
Thanks for sharing.